Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why Am I Doing This?


Because I am super proud that Barack is from Hawaii and I believe that he is civil, kind, brilliant, thoughtful, and as cute as he was when I was his substitute teacher when he was in fifth grade.

I know that Imua! is the province of Kamehameha Schools, not Punahou, but somehow go
buffnblu or Oahuan didn't seem appropriate for a man who is worthy of the best of what we have to offer here in Hawaii.

From the KS website:

In the Hawaiian language, the word I Mua means "to move forward" or "to move ahead" toward a goal. I Mua is also used to signify loyalty to all things Kamehameha or to express a deep commitment to support a feeling, an idea, a person or a cause.


So to our new President and his efforts to bring sense to this crazy world: A he malu hoi ma ka honua he aloha no i kanaka.

(peace on earth, good will to men.)

No comments:

Post a Comment