Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How Tired Would You Be?


One of my more conservative friends sent me a piece on how tired Barack is getting, pointing out the sub-empire greeting given to British Prime Minister Brown.

While I do agree that a pack of DVDs is not a thoughtful gift and certainly not as thoughtful as
Prime Minister Brown's, there is some irony in that because we are such a celebrity driven culture. (when you forgot about the omiyage, grab a dvd).
My friend highlighted the passages of his biggest boo-boos during the visit and the article commented heavily on how tired he is.

I now find myself wanting to protect my former fifth grade student, and to say as my father used to: "We don't need freedom OF the press, we need freedom FROM the press." Get some rest, Barack. And God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment